Photo: Really Simple Well
Yes, you can follow the keto diet
and keep your food comforting "Since the diet is high in fat and low in carbohydrates, you will strictly limit foods that are high in carbohydrates, sugar or starch – think of pasta, bread, rice, most fruits, candy and juice, "says Pamela M. Nisevich Bede, M.S.
, dietitian at Abbott. "That being said, foods like butter, cream, cheese, avocados and bacon, which you once thought were" banned ", are approved by the keto diet." cheese macaroni
maybe a no-go, this keto chili recipe from Erica Winn from Really Simple Good
gets a golden star – and it's even better when it's topped with creamy avocado slices, a ball of rich coconut or Greek yogurt, and a spoonful of crisp bacon cut into cubes. (Here are some others keto diet foods high in fat
To help keep your body in ketosis fat burning mode.) Similar to many Texas-style chili recipes, this hearty stew does not contain beans or tomatoes, keeping the carbohydrate low enough to fit in the kitchen. 50 grams. -ma daily range. "I started following a strict paleo, or basically Whole30
has been around for several years to relieve the symptoms of my autoimmune disease, multiple sclerosis, "says Erica, Really Simple Good
with her husband Justin Winn in 2015. BTW, there are some differences between low carbohydrate keto diet and paleo diet
– give the green light to dairy products, but allow only 5% of calories from carbohydrates. Since Erica began her quest for carbohydrate reduction, she and Justin have modified their family recipes and shared them with their readers of Real Simple Good. "My mom inspired this keto chili recipe, I wanted to make a hearty, hearty chili, with lots of beef and no beans, because I'm trying to eat a low carb and fat diet," says Justin. . Too many secrets to master this recipe for keto chili. Just choose your device of choice, the Instant pot
or a slow cooker, and chop all the ingredients before you start. (Related: Healthy instant chicken recipes for every craving
A tip: "Since you add raw ground beef, it can be difficult to break it right away," says Justin. "So, my secret is to break the ground beef into small pieces with a spoon after cooking."
Keto Chili (Slow Cooker or Instant Pot)
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
ingredients Optional trimmings instructionsFor the instant pot: For the slow cooker: Nutritional information per serving (without fillings): 326 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated), 6 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein
1 diced onion
1 diced pepper
6 cloves of garlic, diced
Ground beef of 1 pound
1 pound stew, cubed
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1 teaspoon of chipotle powder
1 teaspoon of sea salt
1 teaspoon ground pepper
1 teaspoon of liquid smoke
2 cups beef broth
Onions cut in minutes
Grated cheese (omit for paleo whole or strict30)
Yoghurt with coconut
Sour Cream (Omit for Whole30 or paleo strict)
Follow steps 1 to 3 above, placing the ingredients and mixing in your slow cooker.
Attach the lid to the slow cooker and cook on low heat for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 5 to 6 hours.
You may need to split the beef into small pieces at this stage, if necessary. Taste the soup and season with additional salt and pepper, if you wish. Pour into bowls, garnish with desired toppings and enjoy.
- Prepare the onion, pepper and garlic. Place the ground beef and stew in Instant Pot and cut the ground beef into small pieces with the help of a spoon.
- Season meat with chili powder, smoked paprika, chipotle powder, salt and pepper. Pour in liquid smoke. Stir in beef to mix seasonings.
- Pour the beef broth and add the onion, pepper and garlic. Place the lid on the Instant Pot and close the pressure valve. Press the soup button.
- Allow the cooking cycle to finish, then release the pressure quickly.
- Open the lid when you can do it safely. You may need to split the beef into smaller pieces if necessary. Taste the soup and season with salt and pepper according to your choice. Pour into bowls, garnish with desired toppings and enjoy.